The Code of Conduct provides staff with consistent guidelines for an acceptable standard of professional conduct, the broader issue of ethical responsibility, and transparency and accountability within our organisation.
Code of Conduct(PDF, 224KB)
Competition Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to competitions when specific terms and conditions have not been set for a competition.
- The promoter is the Town of Victoria Park. Locked Bag No. 437, Victoria Park WA 6100.
- Instructions on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions.
- Entry is open to all residents of the Town of Victoria Park.
- Employees of the promoter and associated promotional partners, their related companies and agencies and the immediate families of the persons are not eligible to enter.
- To enter, entrants must follow the instructions of an individual competition and submit their entry by the closing date.
- Entries must be submitted to the Town of Victoria Park, following the instructions stated on the individual competition.
- Winners will be notified by email, phone or social media no more than one week after the individual competition closes.
- If selected winners cannot be contacted, prizes will be redrawn and new winners selected.
- Delivery of prizes will be arranged with the winning entrants when they are contacted.
- The winner’s details will be used by the promoter for the purpose of distributing the prizes and to promote their winning entries via the website, social media and any other promotional publication or online media.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes shall be the sole responsibility of the corresponding prize winners.
- The promoter is not responsible for any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this promotion.
- The promoter shall not be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of accepting a prize, except liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Promoters ABN: 77 284 859 739
Our Customer Service Charter sets out our customer service vision and commitments, our service standards and how you can provide feedback.
Customer Service Charter
This document has been prepared in accordance with Part 5 Section 96 (1) of the Freedom of Information Act 1992 (the FOI Act) which requires each government agency to prepare and publish an Information Statement annually. This information statement sets out:
- The agency’s mission statement
- Details of legislation administered
- Details of the agency structure
- Details of decision-making functions
- Opportunities for public participation in the formulation of policy and performance of agency functions
- Documents held by the agency
- The operation of FOI in the agency.
Information Statement 2017-2018(PDF, 6MB) (including Freedom of Information).
This document contains the Town of Victoria Park's policies about:
- Elected Members
Policies of Council(PDF, 2MB)
The Local Government Act 1995 allows for the Chief Executive Officer to delegate any of his or her powers to another employee. A register of sub-delegations, being this manual, relevant to the Chief Executive Officer is to be kept and reviewed at least once every financial year.
Register of sub-delegation of authority - Chief Executive Officer to staff(PDF, 1MB)
Fees and charges
The authority to set fees and charges is contained within Section 6.16 (Imposition of fees and charges) and Section 6.17 (Setting the level of fees and charges) of the Local Government Act 1995. Council acknowledges that, in determining the amount of a fee or charge for a service or for goods, consideration has been given to:
- The cost to the Council of providing the service or goods
- The importance of the service or the goods to the community
- The price at which the service or goods could be provided by an alternative supplier.
The recommended fees aim to maintain affordable access to Council facilities and services. Fees and charges may need to increase each year in order to recover the increased cost of doing business - as consideration to those aforementioned points is measured and considered. Further reviews of management practices and the service levels provided by the Town may have an impact on fees and charges in the future.
Fees and Charges - 2017-2018(PDF, 457KB)
Fees and Charges - 2016-2017(PDF, 166KB)