Sometimes, inappropriately discarded needles and syringes are found in the community and have the potential to transmit infections.
If you discover a discarded used needle or syringe, please contact Customer Service on 9311 8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be allocated to an Environmental Health Officer or Waste Services for follow-up.
You can also collect the syringe yourself, using caution, by doing the following:
- wear gloves.
- use a rigid clear container with a lid (such as a milk bottle).
- pick up the used needle by the blunt end away from the point.
- never attempt to replace the cap on the needle.
- put the needle point first, into the container.
- seal the container tightly and secure the lid.
- place the sealed container in a domestic green lid bin.