Small Business Friendly initiative
The Town of Victoria Park is one of the first local government to take part in the Small Business Friendly initiative.
The initiative introduced by the Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC) aims to recognise local government authorities in Western Australia that are committed to actively supporting small businesses in their local area.
The Town of Victoria Park is committed to the below charter set by SBDC to support our local small business community by;
- Recognising it as an important stakeholder and consulting regularly.
- Understanding how small businesses operate, their needs, goals and key challenges.
- Providing clear service standards, setting out what we will do to support local business.
- Giving clear advice and guidance to help business owners meet their regulatory obligations.
- Regularly reviewing our policies to check for ‘small business friendliness.<
- Taking reasonable action to limit unnecessary administrative burdens.
- Ensuring prompt payment of small business invoices.
- Providing networking and other development opportunities for local business owners.
- Establishing a business advisory group to assist us in understanding the needs of local business.
- Managing disputes in a timely and cost effective manner.
In addition to this, the Town has also committed to the following:
- Increased business consultation.
- Providing small businesses with training opportunities (coming Autumn 2017).
- Creating new and exciting marketing initiatives for small businesses in the area. Currently running the FRI-YAY initiative through the Town's Facebook page to increase local spending. If you have any ideas about a marketing campaign we could run, please get in touch with the economic development officer at email@example.com.