The Club Development Scheme is a joint initiative between the Town of Victoria Park and the Department of Sport and Recreation to assist sporting and recreation clubs and organisations to build sustainability and capacity through the provision of:
- Training and support on planning and governance (how your club is managed, setting goals and achieving objectives)
- Information and guidance on sponsorship, fundraising and grants
- Guidance on event management
- Training and support with marketing and promotion of your club
- Support with Membership and recruitment
- Training and support on volunteer recruitment and management
The Town has a part time Club Development Officer that is available to work with clubs on the areas listed above and can be contacted on 9311 8111 or by email email@example.com
For information on booking parks for sporting activities please contact the Town’s Bookings Officer on 9311 8172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Development Resource Links
Listed below are useful links to information and resources that will assist sporting clubs:
- Australian Sports Anti Doping Authority - Keep up-to-date with the latest information regarding all drugs in sport issues.
- Australian Sports Commission - Information to assist your club develop, including information on coaches, officials, participation and join the Club Development Network: a free, web-based program that supports the development and management capacity of sporting clubs
- Boots for All – Web site that supports the recycling of sports equipment for disadvantaged clubs
- DSR Clubs on Line A place for clubs to share ideas, chat with other clubs and their members, promote and develop their club and find out all the latest news in sport and recreation.
- Play By the Rules - An online training and information resource providing information on how to prevent and deal with inappropriate behaviour including discrimination, harassment, favouritism, bias and various forms of abuse.
- Volunteering Australia - Provide valuable information about retaining and support volunteers.
Kidsport allows eligible youth aged 5-18 years ago to apply for financial assistance towards club fees.
For information on the KidSport program please contact the Town on 9311 8114 or email email@example.com
Clubs that proactively utilise the skills and knowledge of the Club Development Officer supports clubs to strive toward building capacity and sustainable practices therefore increasing their revenue which in turn benefits players, members and the broader community.
The Club Development Officer welcomes club contact anytime to raise workshop concepts or ideas that will benefit the growth of the club. The Town also encourages club feedback through the Healthy Club Checklist which is sent to all clubs on an annual basis.
Clubs can apply to the Town for a sports development donation anytime during the financial year. Subscribing to the Club Development e-club newsletter is a great way to ensure your club keeps keep up-to-date with current funding opportunities. Alternatively contact the Club Development Officer to see if there are other options to support your club now or in the future
Kidsport allows eligible youths aged five - 18 years to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The Town of Victoria Park is involved with the Department of Sport and Recreation Kidsport program which provides eligible disadvantaged young people up to $200.