Bicycle repair stations
As part of the Town of Victoria Park’s Integrated Movement Network Strategy and Albany Highway Activation project, encouraging the use of sustainable travel modes was one of the initiatives which included installation of bicycle repair stations. Bicycle repair stations and bicycle pumps have been installed on major bicycle routes within the Town.
The repair stations are suitable for end-of-journey facilities, bicycle paths or any other locations where cyclists gather. The repair stations are designed to allow cyclists to position their bicycles conveniently above ground to carry out routine maintenance and repairs. The Town has installed the repair stations in 2013 and was the first Council in Western Australia to introduce such infrastructure to benefit cyclists.
Current locations of bicycle service stations (can also be found on the Town’s TravelSmart map)
(Pictured above: example bicycle repair sign and a bike repair station located outside 266 Albany Highway, Victoria Park)
WHAT SERVICES DOES A BICYCLE REPAIR STATION OFFER?
- It safely secures the bicycle during repair
- Bicycle tools and repair kits are provided for minor repair works
- A foot pump and a pressure gauge are also provided to assist with proper inflation
BICYCLE REPAIR STATION LOCATIONS
- McCallum Park foreshore path
- Albany Highway (north of Harvey St)
- Canterbury Tce (west of Albany Hwy)
- AquaLife (Somerset St)
- LeisureLife (Cnr Kent St and Gloucester St)
BICYCLE PUMP LOCATIONS
- Victoria Park Central (Albany Hwy)
- Victoria Park train station (Rutland Ave)
- Oats Street train station (Bank St)