Dogs are a wonderful addition to your family. The Town is very dog friendly with many parks and reserves that are suitable for walking and exercising your dog. Before purchasing a dog ensure that you have considered your responsibility to the animal. Residents can keep up to two dogs over the age of three months on their property. For further information on keeping dogs in the Town please contact your friendly Ranger staff.
Dog Owners basic responsibilities
- Your dog must wear a collar displaying the owner's name, address and current council registration tag when in a public place
- Keep your dog on a leash in public areas and near play equipment
- Pick up all your dog's waste
- Exercise off a leash in designated areas only, with the person maintaining effective control carrying a leash to ensure the dog can be restrained if required
- All dogs over the age of three months must be registered (Dog Act 1976)
- Please protect our wildlife by ensuring your dog is always on a leash, especially when visiting bushland and reserves, eg GO Edwards Reserve and Kensington bushland