Sometimes, inappropriately discarded needles and syringes are found in the community and have the potential to transmit infections.
If you discover a discarded used needle or syringe, please contact the Town on 9311 8111 and we will arrange to have an officer collect and dispose of it safely.
If you want to collect and dispose of it yourself, we recommend the following:
- Use a rigid clear container with a lid
- Use gloves
- Pick up the used needle by the blunt end away from the point
- Never attempt to replace the cap on the needle
- Put the needle point first, into the container
- Seal the container tightly and secure the lid
- Place the sealed container in a domestic Green Lid Bin