Currently meetings of Council, agenda briefing forums and concept forums occur on Tuesday nights.
Additional meetings may be scheduled on Mondays which currently include meetings of the Audit and Risk Committee, Policy Committee and additional concept forums or workshops.
Elected members often attend community events, citizenship ceremonies and meetings with external stakeholders.
The Mayor of the Town attends additional meetings in carrying out their role as leader of the Town.
Elected members may also be appointed to external bodies which include but are not limited to:
- Tamala Park Regional Council
- Mindarie Regional Council
- Joint Development Assessment Panel
- WALGA South East Zone
- Harold Hawthorne Senior Citizens Centre Board of Management
- South East Metropolitan Regional Road Sub-Group
- Perth Airport's Municipalities Group.
Elected members can also be appointed to various working groups or advisory groups. These meet at different frequencies depending on the group's terms of reference.