The Town of Victoria Park is committed to being a people-focussed organisation that provides excellent customer service. Our service is adjusted to suit our customers’ needs, is valuable and is of the highest possible standard.
We will work to achieve this through the following customer service values:
We will respond to your query in a timely manner and keep you updated on progress.
We will be polite, courteous and professional and treat you with respect, without personal bias.
We will seek to understand your needs before we take action.
We will take responsibility to address your needs and be accountable for an appropriate outcome.
We will show gratitude when your needs are brought to our attention and actively seek feedback on your experience.
- We will keep our website and social media profiles up to date.
- We will respond to questions asked on our social media channels within 24 hours during business hours. We will respond to urgent matters where possible after hours.
- We will keep up to date with best practice online service.
- Our engagement findings will be posted online.
- We will provide helpful and relevant information through all online channels.
- We will respond in a clear, concise manner using plain english.
- We will respond to correspondence within seven working days (unless advised differently) and keep you informed of the progress of your enquiry if any delays occur.
- We will confirm receipt of emails sent to the Town’s mailbox immediately and within 72 hours from the officer or department responsible for your query.
- We will use the most suitable method of contact for a response, to ensure prompt service.
- We will answer your call courteously, professionally and identify ourselves by name.
- We will inform an appropriate officer when we are transferring your call so that you don't have to explain your query multiple times.
- We will endeavour to answer the telephone within three rings.
- We will inform you of any delays and offer to call you back.
- If you request a call back we will contact you within 24 hours.
- We will be professional, welcoming and attend to you as quickly as possible.
- We will be easily identifiable and wear a name badge so that you know who you are speaking to.
- We will be considerate of your privacy and confidentiality.
- We will provide you with information about what is happening within the Town and offer relevant available services to you.
>A complaint is not an initial request for a service to be delivered
A request for service is where you want the Town of Victoria Park to take action, for example:
- a barking dog
- a pot hole
- verge tree pruning
- illegal parking
If you wish to make a complaint please access the online Contact form found on our website or send us an email or letter.
We will investigate anonymous complaints to the best of our ability but may have limitations in providing a resolution, so we ask that you please leave your contact details.
The Western Australian Freedom of Information Act 1992 gives you the right to apply for access to documents held by state public sector agencies which includes government departments, local authorities, statutory authorities and Ministers. This is commonly known as an FOI.
The Town of Victoria Park as an agency will:
- assist the public to obtain access to documents in the possession of the Town
- assist the public to ensure that personal information contained in documents are accurate, complete and not misleading.
For help on submitting an FOI application, or if you have any queries, please contact us.
The Town of Victoria Park is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities are able to access Council’s services, facilities, employment and information by providing them with the same opportunities, rights and responsibilities enjoyed by other people in the community.
For more information on the Town’s Disability Access and Inclusion Plan, including translation and interpreter options, please contact us.
This charter is available in alternative formats upon request.
We value all types of feedback including compliments, concerns, complaints or comments on how we can look after you better.
If you would like to suggest ways in which we can assist you, or help us in recognising our staff, please complete this form.
Complaints can also be made using the Contact form below, by letter or email. Our contact details are available on the Administration Centre page.
If you require assistance in completing this form, please contact us on 9311 8111 or email email@example.com.
Click here to view form.