The Town aims to continue to promote the character and identity of the Victoria Park region through creating local or regional landmarks. This is achieved by physically enhancing public places, through creating points of interest, animating spaces and providing beauty, character or colour to places/environments.
Public art means the integration of an artistic concept into the public realm.
Public arts in the Town aim to:
- Create a 'place where people want to be'.
- Create a sense of cultural identity.
- Cultivate a 'sense of place'.
- Be fun and thought provoking.
- Activate spaces and places.
- Attract tourists / be a drawcard.
- Be accessible to all.
- Enhance the built and natural environment.