Community grants FAQs
Who is eligible for a community grant?
Organisations and individuals eligible to apply include:
- not-for-profit organisations and associations
- community groups and clubs
- service groups and residents associations
- Parents and Citizen (P&C) and Parents and Friends (P&F) associations
- schools (only for projects falling outside the Department of Education responsibilities)
- business groups
What are suitable projects for grant funding?
- community events and activities
- community capacity building programs
- community education, information and awareness raising
- lifelong learning and training
- arts experience and artists' development
- arts and cultural events that enliven the Town for the local community and visitors
- health and fitness promotion
- development of clubs and associations
- place based activities and place activation
- neighbourhood activation and development; street meet and greet events
- community safety and crime prevention programs
- community events supporting environment days/weeks, nature plants garden, environment education programs.
What grants are available?
There are three levels of grant funding:
Level 1 grant: up to $500
Level 2 grant: $501 to $5,000
Level 3 grant: $5,001 to $10,000