Applications Open: 21 April 2023
Applications Close: 26 May 2023
Maximum Value: $10,000*
Community grants provide an opportunity for the groups and individuals to build the capacity and wellbeing of Town of Victoria Park community. The objectives of a community grant align with the Town's Strategic Community Plan. Specifically, a community grant should promote sustainable, connected, safe, and diverse places for everyone.
The aims of the Town's community grants program are to:
- complement and achieve the Town of Victoria Park's strategic objectives;
- Provide financial assistance to the community to develop and implement projects, activities and programs that enhance the wellbeing of the community;
- strengthen local community capacity and cohesion through capitalising on the strengths and abilities of the community to effectively identify its own needs and to plan, develop and implement innovative solutions;
- facilitate fair, transparent and equitable distribution of community resources and programs through the Town; and
- increase participation and accessibility to a range of quality and innovative programs and activities for the residents of the Town.
Successful community grant recipients for Round One 2022-23:
|Audio Walks Western Australia
||Victoria Park Audiowalk;
|Burswood Peninsula Neighbourhood Watch Group
||Burswood Peninsula NHW and Residents Association Community Fiesta;
|Disco Cantito Association Inc.
||The Playground Takeover Project
|Friends of Jirdarup Bushland
||History of Jirdarup Bushland design and production
|Rotary Club of Victoria Park
||Vic Park Markets
|Vic Park Collective
||Launch of Vic Park's Mural Map
|Victoria Park Community Centre Inc.
||30th Anniversary Celebration Victoria Park Community Centre
|Vic Park Primary School Parents and Citizens Association Inc.
||$5,400.00 and $100.00 In-Kind
||State Street Community Party
|Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centre Inc.
||Staged and Ready - Kensington PCYC Drag Car