Crime and Antisocial Behaviour
The Town is committed to working in partnership with residents, community, WA Police and other relevant agencies to solve crime and antisocial behaviour problems. Crime and antisocial behaviour is most effectively addressed in partnership between all affected stakeholders and by working together the issues can be resolved.
The Town has had considerable success in reducing crime problems as they arise. Crime problems change quickly and can appear without warning and cause significant problems to the community. Community support and involvement is essential to come to an effective solution and reduce the real and perceived crime issues of the Town. This is known as a ‘hot spot intervention’ and the Town is able to assist residents and the community when these problems arise.
Crime prevention is everyone’s responsibility and we all have a role to play in making our streets and neighbourhoods a safe place.
If you are experiencing crime or antisocial behaviour problems:
- Call WA Police on 131 444 to report all crime, antisocial or suspicious behaviour.
- Anonymous calls can be made to Crime stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- Life threatening situations or emergency calls can be made to 000.
- Talk to your neighbours, let them know about the issues in the area, they may be experiencing the same problems.
- Contact the Town on 9311 8111, the Town is able to provide advice and coordinate a ‘hot spot intervention’.
- Install security devices on your home (security incentive scheme rebate).