Event permits provide Burswood Peninsula residents and businesses with an exemption to access parking near their properties, on dates which are published on the Optus Stadium website, for events held at Optus Stadium. These are digital permits managed online through vpermit.com.au/vicpark
Apply for an Event Permit
All current paper permits will not be valid after 31 January 2021. Please ensure you have registered your vehicle on the new event permit system by 31 January 2021 in preparation for upcoming events. For more information regarding event dates please visit optusstadium.com.au/whats-on.
- To obtain an event permit the applicant must complete the required application form. Please visit vpermit.com.au/vicpark.
- As an introductory offer and to help the transition to this new system, the Town will waive the $25 annual event permit fee for everyone who applies for an event permit on the new digital system before the 1 July 2021.
- To set up a vPermit account and get a digital permit requires:
- an email address,
- a valid Burswood Peninsula address,
- vehicle registration number/drivers licence,
- and a valid debit or credit card - if payment is required.
- Documents demonstrating that the applicant resides or is registered at the address stated in the application form (e.g. rental lease agreement, current utility bills, or a copy applicant's drivers licence) may be requested along with the application form for verification purposes.
The applicant must reside or be a registered business in the Burswood Peninsula, and within the indicated area shown in the map below.
Event permits will not be issued to:
a. Heavy or Long Vehicles,
e. Taxi’s, or
Terms and Conditions
- Each event permit is valid for one year.
- Event permits cannot be used in parking bays where time restrictions apply or where parking fees are payable.
- Event permits can only be used in the streets or areas as stated on the permit.
- All event permits expire 12 months after the date of issue.
- A permit does not guarantee the holder a parking bay.
- Lost or stolen permits will be replaced on application subject to the payment of the applicable fee.
- Permits must be displayed at all times.
- Each permit can only be used on the vehicle shown on the permit.
- Permits will be revoked if misused, copied or sold to a third party
- The application fee as stated in the Town’s Schedule of Fees and Charges is required to be paid before an application will be accepted.
- The application fee will not be refunded for incomplete or unsuccessful applications.
- The replacement or transfer fee as stated in the Town’s Schedule of Fees and Charges is required to be paid before a replacement permit will be issued.
- Refunds do not apply for unused permits.
- What are event permits, and where do they apply?
Event Permits allow an exemption for residents and business in the Burswood Peninsula area to access parking near their properties, on dates which are published on the Optus Stadium website, for events held at Optus Stadium. For more information regarding event dates please visit optusstadium.com.au/whats-on
See the map below.
- Who can get an event parking permit?
Burswood Peninsula residents and business property owners are eligible for event parking permits.
- How long do event parking permits last for?
All Event Permits expire 12 months after the date of issue.
- How many permits am I entitled to, and what is the cost?
Residents and business owners are entitled to one event permit per residential/business address.
- How do I get an event parking permit?
Through the online parking permit system at vpermit.com.au/vicpark.
- What happens when the permit expires?
Permit holders will receive an expiry notification email seven (7) days prior to the permit expiring. The email will contain information on how to renew your permit. A valid credit card will be required to renew your permit.
- Why is the Town of Victoria Park parking permits digital?
Digital parking permits are more efficient and easier and more convenient for residents. With digital permits you can:
- Apply for or update a permit from anywhere on any internet-connected device,
- Receive email reminders for upcoming renewals,
- Transfer a permit to a different vehicle at no charge
- Receive instant permits and updates
- Reduce no sticker s/waste from physical stickers, transfer a permit to a different vehicle at no charge, permits and updates take effect instantly.
- Do I have to use the online system?
Yes. If you are having difficulty using the online system Town’s customer service staff will be able to assist. Customer Service staff will be equipped to set up a digital permit, on a customer’s behalf in person at the Town’s administration building.
- Do I need a credit or debit card to use the online system?
Yes – if you are purchasing a permit. The current annual permit fee is $30. Debit and credit cards from Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted. Obligation-free debit cards can be purchased from Australia Post for this purpose if you do not already have one. Alternatively, if you wish to pay cash. Our customer service team at the Town’s administration centre can assist you and take payment.
- How does Town know if an applicant is eligible for a permit?
During online registration, the system matches the applicant’s address to the Council’s records.
- I have submitted an application through the digital permit system but someone has already claimed my permit?
Additional documents (e.g. rental lease agreement, current utility bills, or a copy of the applicant's drivers licence) demonstrating that the applicant resides or a business is registered at the address stated, will be requested with the application for verification purposes and subject for approval. Email email@example.com and attached the documents requested.
- Can I transfer my permit to a different vehicle? How do I do this?
Yes. Parking permits can be transferred to a different vehicle at no charge. This is done online through your vpermit.com.au account, by clicking the ‘Manage vehicles’ button under the ‘My Permits’ tab.
- What's the difference between event parking permits and residential parking permits?
Event parking permits are available to Burswood Peninsula residents/business to access parking near their properties, on dates which are published on the Optus Stadium website, for events held at Optus Stadium. Residential parking permits are available to all residents of the Town. It provides residents who have limited onsite parking with an exemption to access parking near their properties that has sign-posted restrictions (timed parking restrictions). Residents need to satisfy the eligibility criteria before submitting an application. Please vist the Town's website to find out more https://www.victoriapark.wa.gov.au/parkingpermits
- Do I have to display a permit on my car?
No. Digital permits are virtual, which means there is no sticker displayed on the car.
- How will Town officers know I have a valid permit?
Town officers will be able to identify whether a vehicle has a valid permit by checking the licence plate in the system using their smart phone.
- What happens if I do not have a valid permit?
If you park in an area that requires an event parking permit and you do not have one, you will be issued with an infringement notice and fine.
- What do I do if I wish to contest an infringement notice?
If you have received an infringement notice that you believe was issued incorrectly, please visit https://www.victoriapark.wa.gov.au/parkinginfringements.
- What do I do if the online system isn’t working for me?
For issues or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 9311 8111 during normal office hours or visit customer service at the Town of Victoria Park administration centre.
Town of Victoria Park reserves the right to restrict user access to the vPermit system or cancel parking permits as a result of misuse. This includes the application or use of permits by people who are not eligible.