Development consultation frequently asked questions

What forms of consultation are carried out on development applications?

The Town’s Local Planning Policy – “Community Consultation on Planning Proposals(PDF, 386KB)”, provides guidance on the community consultation process for planning proposals, including proposals which require consultation, the means and duration of consultation, and the manner in which Council will keep the community informed of the decision-making process. 

How can I make a submission?

If you wish to provide comments on a development application currently open for community consultation, the easiest way to give your feedback is online, using the online submission form on the development application's page. 
Alternatively, you can provide your comments by email to, or post to Town of Victoria Park, Locked Bag No. 437, Victoria Park WA 6979, quoting application reference number - located on the development application page (i.e. 5.2018.100.1).

I have a question about a development application open for community consultation. Who can I contact?

Please call the Town on (08) 9311 8111 and ask to speak to the assessing officer of the development application of interest to you.

For detailed enquiries, we recommend that you contact the assessing officer to arrange a meeting time (during business hours) to discuss.

Will I be advised on the decision of the development application?

Yes, if you lodge a submission on a development application you will be informed, in writing, on the decision in relation to the development application.

Also if the development application is referred to a meeting for decision by Council or JDAP (Joint Development Assessment Panel), as a submitter, you will receive a notification inviting you to attend the meeting where the decision will be made.