Structure plans and local development plans
Structure plans and local development plans are used to coordinate the subdivision and development of land within identified areas.
Structure plans are a planning document which guides future land use and urban layouts for identified development areas. A structure plan includes details such as road configuration details, lot layouts and the location of retail and community facilities such as shops, schools and public open space. A structure plan can also show details such as housing density, land use classifications and buffer zones. A structure plan can be prepared for a variety of planning purposes, but generally it is done to indicate the way in which an area is proposed for development as well as providing a broad framework to guide Council when it considers subdivision and development proposals.
Local development plans (formerly detailed area plans) are used to guide and coordinate the design and development of small and constrained lots, as well as supplementing development standards contained in the local planning scheme and the Residential Design Codes (R-Codes).
The following structure plans and local development plans have been approved and apply to the development of land within these areas:
Burswood Peninsula District Structure Plan
- Part 1 - Introduction and Part 2 - Context(PDF, 11MB)
- Part 3 - The Peninsula and Part 4 - Structure Plan(PDF, 9MB)
- Part 5 - Development, Development - Belmont Park and Development - New Perth Stadium(PDF, 17MB)
- Part 5 - Development Stadium South, Development - Belmont Station South and Development - The Peninsula(PDF, 14MB)
- Part 5 - Development - Crown Perth and Development - Burswood Station East & West(PDF, 11MB)
- Part 5 - Development - The Springs(PDF, 4MB)
- Part 6 - Implementation(PDF, 244KB)
- Schedule 1 - Governance and Schedule 2 - Technical(PDF, 2MB).
Burswood Lakes Structure Plan
Belmont Park Racecourse Redevelopment Structure Plan & Local Development Plans
Bentley - Curtin Specialised Activity Centre Plan
Development Guide Plan for Welshpool Road Special Use Zone
Lathlain Park Management Plan
Orrong Road Planning Control Area
On 20 March 2020, the Minister for Planning granted approval for the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) to declare Planning Control Area (PCA) 142 over land along Orrong Road and portions adjacent to Orrong Road for the purpose of future road upgrades.
Perth Stadium Management Plan
Local Development Plan No.1, Lots 169 - 185 Victoria Park Drive, Burswood
Local Development Plan No. 2, No. 37-41 Cohn Street, Carlisle