Town Planning Scheme 1
The Town Planning Scheme describes the zoning of land within the Town and specifies where particular land uses are permitted. It also sets out development standards for the development and use of land.
The scheme text should be read in conjunction with Schedule 2 'Deemed provisions for local planning schemes' of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015, which are automatically incorporated into the TPS scheme text notwithstanding that they do not appear in the scheme text. For ease of reference a working version of the scheme text (including reference to the applicable deemed provisions) is available for viewing below in addition to a Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage (DPLH) version.
In accordance with regulation 65 of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015, the Town has undertaken a review of its operative town planning schemes. The review recommended that a new Local Planning Scheme should be prepared and the Town of Victoria Park Town Planning Scheme No. 1 should be repealed upon the approval of the new scheme. The Scheme Review Report was approved by the Western Australian Planning Commission in November 2017. The Scheme Review Report can be viewed below.
The area covered by the scheme is split up into various precincts. A series of precinct plans have been prepared that describe the Council's town planning intentions and guidelines for the development and use of land within each precinct according to the particular zone or reserve that the land is located within.
- P1 'Burswood Peninsula' - Sheet A & Sheet B(PDF, 498KB)
- P2 'Burswood Precinct' - Sheet A & Sheet B(PDF, 482KB)
- P3 'Causeway Precinct'(PDF, 342KB)
- P4 'McCallum Precinct'(PDF, 360KB)
- P5 'Raphael Precinct'(PDF, 369KB)
- P6 'Victoria Park Precinct'(PDF, 381KB)
- P7 'Lathlain Precinct'(PDF, 359KB)
- P8 'Carlisle Precinct'(PDF, 401KB)
- P9 'Welshpool Precinct'(PDF, 343KB)
- P10 'Shepperton Precinct' - Sheet A & Sheet B(PDF, 448KB)
- P10 'Shepperton Precinct' - Special Use Zone(PDF, 1MB)
- P11 'Albany Highway Precinct' - Sheet A, B(i) & B(ii)(PDF, 526KB)
- P12 'East Victoria Park Precinct' - Sheet A & Sheet B(PDF, 650KB)
- P13 'Curtin Precinct'(PDF, 261KB)
Proposed Local Planning Scheme No.2
The Town is current drafting a new Local Planning Scheme No.2. The new Scheme is based on the recommendations of the Local Planning Strategy which can be found here(PDF, 11MB).
A draft of the new Scheme will be presented to the Council for their consideration toward the end of 2022. The Council will decide whether to proceed to public advertising of the draft Scheme. Before the Town can advertise the draft Scheme, the Town must seek the permission of the WA Planning Commission which takes several months.
Further information will be provided towards the end of 2022. For any enquiries, please contact Tracy McQue or Jack Hobbs on 9311 8111 or email email@example.com.