Work zone permit

Should you wish to conduct any activity or trade which obstructs part of a public thoroughfare (including roads, parking bays, footpaths or verges) the Town must be notified prior to doing so. 

This notification is required in the form of a Work Zone Permit application.

Some examples of when a Work Zone Permit would be needed are as follows:

  • Construction/landscaping works – storage of materials on verge, skip bin on verge or road reserve.
  • Work areas – scaffolding, painting, use of machinery and equipment.
  • Not for profit fundraising activities such as membership drives, promotions, collections, sausage sizzles.
  • Sea containers on the verge or road reserve.

Applying for a permit

  • Complete the Work Zone Application Form online or download it and send it to, attention to Infrastructure Compliance Officer, Operations.
  • Approval can take up to seven working days.  Please ensure you take this into consideration when planning your works or activity.
  • If you are issued with an invoice, the invoices must be paid in full prior to issue of permit and for the permit to be active. Payments can be made by phone 9311 8111 or in person at Town of Victoria Park administration centre.

The Work Zone Permit is issued in accordance with the Town’s Activities on Thoroughfares and Trading in Thoroughfares and Public Places Local Law.  A copy can be obtained by contacting the Town on 9311 8111.

Application fees

Note: occupation of car bays will require payment infull before permit can be issued.

Work zone - per 5m length On verge  $10 
Work zone - per 5m length On street $10
Work zone - per 5m length On verge with path footpath $10
Work zone - per 5m length Per bay, per half day $5
Work zone - per 5m length Per bay, per day $10
Work zone - per 5m length Per bay, per month $200
Work zone - application Per application $30
Work zone - application (food truck) Per application $10


Application form