Business Advisory Group
The Town of Victoria Park is seeking expressions of interest from its local business community to join the newly established Business Advisory Group (BAG). The BAG will meet twice a year to discuss a range of things relating to the local business community.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a group whose role will be to provide advice on:
- COVID-19 economic recovery measures for local businesses.
- The implementation and review of the Town’s Economic Development Strategy 2018- 2023.
- The implementation of economic development initiatives, including events, campaigns and other economic development projects and partnerships.
- Opportunities for the Town to collaborate with local businesses.
- Opportunities to improve the Town’s processes to make it easier for businesses to interact with the Town.
It will consist of:
- Representatives of the Town’s local business community
- Town Officers
- Elected Members
Candidates will be chosen by Council following a recommendation from Town officers.
Interested in applying? Read the criteria to make sure you are eligible and then fill out the application form below by 9am, Monday 6 July.
Business Advisory Group criteria
The Town is seeking candidates with the following characteristics:
- The owner or manager of a local business within the Town of Victoria Park (please note: the business doesn’t need to have originated in the Town, it can be a branch of a larger corporation).
- Knowledge of the local economy and/or local business environment within the Town of Victoria Park.
- An active participant in the Town’s local business community.
- Commitment to the time and effort required in joining the group (attendance of bi-annual meetings).
Candidates will be assessed and selected based on the above characteristics, but the Town will also consider the following in order to balance the composition of members:
- representation across the whole Town (ie. different places or neighbourhoods)
- representation of different size businesses
- representation of different business sectors.
Business Advisory Group application form