By entering the Vic Park Business Awards, you get the opportunity to:
- Gain recognition for your achievements at a local level.
- Showcase your business to the wider community, raising your profile and reputation.
- Promote yourself as a business leader if you are an award winner.
To enter the 2022 Vic Park Business Awards, follow the application process and submit an application form here.
Download Vic Park Business Awards application pack(PDF, 5MB)
Read the Key Information or the Business Awards Application Information Pack very carefully as they include important information about the judging process, eligibility and the award categories.
- To apply for an award fill out the online application form or visit the Town of Victoria Park administration building for a hard copy at 99 Shepperton Road, Victoria Park.
- All businesses who submit an application form for an award are automatically eligible for the Business of the Year Award. The application graded with the highest weighted score by Judges will be awarded Business of the Year. So if you would like to win this category, make sure you fill out a form for any of the other award categories.
- When filling out the form, make sure you answer all questions and stick to the word count. To apply for multiple awards, fill out and submit separate forms.
- You can attach documents (these may be photos, graphs, business plans, customer testimonials etc), to support your application. This supporting information can be no more than three pages.
- Make sure to submit a high resolution copy of your business logo with your application.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Hard copy forms can only be returned to the administration centre. When returning hard copy forms, please address all correspondence in regards to the awards to Place Leader (Economic Development).
- All applications will be judged by a panel, with finalists announced in the lead up to the Business Awards ceremony.
- The winner of each category will be announced at the awards ceremony.
Applications for Business Awards close: 11:00pm, 5 September 2022
Tickets for Business Awards ceremony on sale: 9 September 2022
Ticket Sales Close: 14 October 2022
Business Awards Ceremony: 4 November 2022
Entry to Vic Park Business Awards is open to all businesses within the Town of Victoria Park local government area. Businesses that apply must have operated for longer than six months. Not profits are not eligible to apply.
The judges are looking for businesses that:
- Have a strategic direction
- Have measurable goals and outcomes
- Are unique and innovative
- Have knowledge of their target market and industry
- Have a love for the Town of Vic Park
1. All submitted applications will be judged by a panel of experts.
2. Each entry is judged individually by each panel member. Each entry will be given a score which is weighted. Each weighted score from each judge will be added together to give an overall score for the application.
3. Judging will happen through an online portal. A follow up meeting will be had with the judging panel to finalise the winners.
4. A commendation may be awarded for an award category where the difference between the top two weighted scores is less than 0.1.
5. Judges reserve the right to award joint winners or no winners of a category.
6. Finalists may be announced once judging is complete. Winners will be announced on the night of the Awards Ceremony.
7. The entry with the greatest weighted score will be awarded Business of the Year.
Can I apply for multiple awards?
Of course! To apply for multiple awards, fill in and submit separate forms.
If I win an award, do I have to be in attendance at the awards ceremony to accept it?
No. If you win, you don’t have to be at the awards ceremony to accept the award. However, given there is likely to be a photographer and media at the event, we strongly suggest that you attend to maximise the media coverage for your business.
What kind of information do I need to put in my answers?
Entries will be judged based on the quality of your answers. If the question has more than one part to it, try to answer all the parts. Use specific examples to substantiate your answer if possible.
Business of the Year
Celebrating a business that has excelled in the past year, demonstrating outstanding leadership, innovative thinking and that has contributed to the Town of Vic Park community.
Best New Business
Presented to a successful businesses that has opened up in the last 18 months.
Community Connection Award
Presented to a business which is community minded and has contributed to the community to benefit others.
Excellence in Marketing
Recognises a local business with demonstrated excellence in marketing through an innovative or unique campaign or marketing plan. (Please note, this award is not open to marketing professionals).
Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality
Awarded to a businesses in the tourism and hospitality industries that has made an overall contribution to both the local and/or wider tourism industry.
Excellence in Access and Inclusion
A celebration of a business which has been inclusive in their employment practices and/or has focused on making their business accessible to all individuals.
Excellence in Adaptability
This award recognises businesses that have innovated and/or adapted quickly to market changes, continuing to deliver quality products or services whilst responding effectively.
People’s Choice Award
Winner to be voted by the Vic Park community. All businesses who submit an application for an award category will be in the running for the People’s Choice Award. Increase your chances; keep an eye on these pages for your social media pack to promote your business for the People's Choice Award.
1. Businesses applying for an award must be located within the Town of Victoria Park local government area.
2. Businesses applying for an award must have operated for longer than 6 months.
3. Businesses applying for an award must be registered with the ATO as a business and hold a current ABN number. Not for profits are not eligible to apply.
4. Awards presented will be to the business or person named on the application form.
5. No alterations to applications will be permitted after the date of submission, although submissions may be withdrawn prior to announcement of winners.
6. Your privacy is protected and all entries are regarded as confidential.
7. Entries must be submitted through the online process or handed into the Town of Victoria Park administration centre. All required questioned must be answered and be of the correct word limit to be eligible.
8. Finalist may be announced prior to the Business Awards Ceremony. Winners will be announced on the night.
9. The judging panel reserves the right to ask further questions of applicants or businesses if details need to be clarified.
10. Businesses that have applied for a category for three (3) consecutive years will be ineligible to enter that category for a 2-year period. They are however, eligible to enter a different category or categories.