By entering the Vic Park Business Awards, you get the opportunity to:
- Gain recognition for your achievements at a local level.
- Showcase your business to the wider community, raising your profile and reputation.
- Promote yourself as a business leader.
The 2020 Vic Park Business Awards roll out in two stages:
- A nominations process
- An application process
If you are a business that feels they have significantly contributed to the Town of Victoria Park economy and community, or a resident or community member that knows a business that has gone above and beyond, then the nomination form for the 2020 Vic Park Business Awards is for you!
Simply fill out the online form or visit the Town of Victoria Park administration building for a hard copy at 99 Shepperton Road, Victoria Park.
The business will be notified that they have been nominated and be sent an application pack.
If you have been nominated you will receive an email from the Town of Victoria Park with a nominations pack attached.
Read the email you have been sent and this nominations pack very carefully as they include important information about the judging process, eligibility and the categories you have been nominated for. Please note: any business nominated for an award is automatically eligible to apply for Business of the Year, so if you wish to enter this category, make sure you fill out a form for it.
- If you choose to proceed with your nomination either fill out the online application form or visit the Town of Victoria Park administration building for a hard copy at 99 Shepperton Road, Victoria Park.
- When filling out the form, make sure you answer all questions and stick to the word count. Any answers that go over the word count for that question will not be counted towards your overall score.
- You can attach documents (these may be photos, graphs, business plans, customer testimonials etc), to support your application. This supporting information can be no more than three pages.
- Make sure to submit a high resolution copy of your business logo with your application.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Hard copy forms can only be returned to the administration centre. When returning hard copy forms, please address all correspondence in regards to the awards to Place Leader (Economic Development).
- All applications will be judged by a panel, with finalists announced in the lead up to the Business Awards ceremony.
- The winner of each category will be announced at the awards ceremony.
Initial application form due: 4pm, February 5 2020
Nominated businesses emailed with nominations pack: February 6 2020
Tickets for Business Awards ceremony on sale: February 21 2020
Completed nominations pack due: 4pm, February 27 2020
Business Awards winners video: Coming soon
Entry to the Vic Park Business Awards is open to all businesses within the Town of Victoria Park local government area. Businesses that are nominated must have operated for longer than six months.
The judges are looking for businesses that:
- Have a strategic direction
- Have measurable goals and outcomes
- Are unique and innovative
- Have knowledge of their target market and industry
- Have a love for the Town of Vic Park.
All completed nominations packs will be judged by a panel of experts.
Each entry is judged individually by each panel member. Each entry will be given a score which is weighted. Each weighted score from each judge will be added together to give an overall score for the application.
Finalists will be announced once judging is complete. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony.
Judges reserve the right to award joint winners or no winners of a category. Judges also reserve the right to assign a nominee to a different category.
Can I nominate myself for an award?
Of course! You can nominate your own business or another business.
If I win an award, do I have to be in attendance at the awards ceremony to accept it?
No. If you win, you don’t have to be at the awards ceremony to accept the award. However, given there is likely to be a photographer and media at the event, we strongly suggest that you attend to maximise the media coverage for your business.
What kind of information do I need to put in my answers?
Entries will be judged based on the quality of your answers. If the question has more than one part to it, try to answer all the parts. Use specific examples to substantiate your answer if possible.
Business of the Year
Celebrating a business that has excelled in the past year, demonstrating outstanding leadership, innovative thinking and that has contributed to the Town of Vic Park community.
Best New Business
Presented to a successful businesses that has opened up in the last 18 months.
Excellence in Marketing
Recognises a local business with demonstrated excellence in marketing through an innovative or unique campaign or marketing plan. (Please note, this award is not open to marketing professionals).
Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality
Awarded to a businesses in the tourism and hospitality industries that has made an overall contribution to both the local and/or wider tourism industry.
Excellence in Access and Inclusion
A celebration of a business which has been inclusive in their employment practices and/or has focused on making their business accessible to all individuals.
Digital Innovation Award
This award recognises businesses that have demonstrated innovative digital solutions, and have strengthened the Town’s image as a smart and innovative place to do business.
Community Connection Award
Presented to a business which is community minded and has contributed to the community to benefit others.
People’s Choice Award
Winner to be voted by the Vic Park community. All businesses who submit an application will be in the running for the People’s Choice Award. Increase your chances; keep an eye on these pages for your social media pack.
- The nominated business must be located within the Town of Victoria Park local government area.
- Businesses that are nominated must have operated for longer than six months.
- All nominated businesses must be registered with the ATO as a business and hold a current ABN.
- Awards presented will be to the business or person named on the application form.
- No alterations to applications will be permitted after the date of submission although submissions may be withdrawn prior to the announcement of the winners.
- Your privacy is protected and all entries are regarded as confidential.
- Entries must be submitted through the online nomination process or handed into the Town of Victoria Park administration centre. All required questions must be answered and of the correct word limit to be eligible.
- Finalists will be announced prior to the Business Awards Event. Winners will be announced at the event.
- The judging panel reserves the right to ask further questions of applicants or businesses if details need to be clarified.
- Businesses that have won a category for three consecutive years will be ineligible to enter that category for a two year period. They are however, eligible to enter a different category or categories.