By entering the Vic Park Business Awards, you get the opportunity to:
- Gain recognition for your achievements at a local level.
- Showcase your business to the wider community, raising your profile and reputation.
- Promote yourself as a business leader.
If you have been nominated you will receive an email from the Town of Victoria Park with a nominations pack attached.
- Read the email you have been sent and this nominations pack very carefully as they include important information about the judging process, eligibility and the categories you have been nominated for.
- If you choose to proceed with your nomination either fill out the online application form or visit the Town of Victoria Park administration building for a hard copy at 99 Shepperton Road, Victoria Park.
- When filling out the form, make sure you answer all questions and stick to the word count. Any answers that go over the word count for that question will not be counted towards your overall score.
- You can attach documents (these may be photos, graphs, business plans, customer testimonials etc), to support your application. This supporting information can be no more than 5 pages.
- Make sure to submit a high resolution copy of your business logo with your application.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Hard copy forms can only be returned to the Administration Centre. When returning hard copy forms, please address all correspondence in regards to the Awards to Place Leader (Economic Development).
- All applications will be judged by a panel, with finalists announced in the lead up to the Business Awards Event.
- The winner of each category will be announced at the Awards Event.
Initial application form due: 4pm, February 11 2019
Nominated businesses emailed with nominations pack: February 12 2019
Tickets for Business Awards Ceremony on sale: February 18 2019
Completed nominations pack due: 4pm, February 26 2019
Business Awards Event: Friday, March 29 2019
Entry to the Vic Park Business Awards is open to all businesses within the Town of Victoria Park local government area. Businesses that are nominated must have operated for longer than 6 months.
The judges are looking for businesses that:
- Have a strategic direction
- Have measurable goals and outcomes
- Are unique and innovative
- Have knowledge of their target market and industry
- Have a love for the Town of Vic Park
All completed nominations packs will be judged by a panel of experts.
Each entry is judged individually by each panel member. Each entry will be given a score which is weighted. Each weighted score from each judge will be added together to give an overall score for the application.
Finalists will be announced once judging is complete. Winners will be announced at the Awards Event.
Judges reserve the right to award joint winners or no winners of a category. Judges also reserve the right to assign a nominee to a different category.
If I win an award, do I have to be in attendance at the Event to accept it?
No. If you win, you don’t have to be at the Awards Event to accept the award. However, given there is likely to be a photographer and media at the event, we strongly suggest that you attend to maximise the media coverage for your business.
What kind of information do I need to put in my answers?
Entries will be judged based on the quality of your answers. If the question has more than one part to it, try to answer all the parts. Use specific examples to substantiate your answer if possible.
Business of the Year
This category recognises a business that has excelled in a number of areas in the past year and has made a contribution to the Town of Victoria Park community.
Best New Business
This category is open to successful businesses that have opened up in the last 18 months.
Excellence in Marketing
This category is open to all businesses within the Town of Victoria Park that have demonstrated excellence in marketing through an innovative or unique campaign or marketing plan. (Please note: this award is not open to marketing professionals).
Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality
This category recognises businesses in the tourism and hospitality industries that have made an overall contribution to both the local and/or wider tourism industry.
Excellence in Access and Inclusion
This category recognises businesses that have been inclusive in their employment practices and/or have focused on making their business accessible to all individuals.
Digital Innovation Award
This category recognises businesses that have demonstrated innovative digital solutions, and have strengthened the Town’s image as a smart and innovative place to do business.
Community Connection Award
This category recognises businesses that are community minded and have contributed to the community to benefit others.
People’s Choice Award
Winner to be voted by the Vic Park community. All businesses who submit an application will be in the running for the People’s Choice Award. Increase your chances; keep an eye on these pages for your social media pack.
- The nominated business must be located within the Town of Victoria Park local government area.
- Businesses that are nominated must have operated for longer than 6 months.
- All nominated businesses must be registered with the ATO as a business and hold a current ABN.
- Awards presented will be to the business or person named on the application form.
- No alterations to applications will be permitted after the date of submission although submissions may be withdrawn prior to the announcement of the winners.
- Your privacy is protected and all entries are regarded as confidential.
- Entries must be submitted through the online nomination process or handed into the Town of Victoria Park Administration Centre. All required questions must be answered and of the correct word limit to be eligible.
- Finalists will be announced prior to the Business Awards Event. Winners will be announced at the Event.
- The judging panel reserves the right to ask further questions of applicants or businesses if details need to be clarified.
- Businesses that have won a category for three (3) consecutive years will be ineligible to enter that category for a 2-year period. They are however, eligible to enter a different category or categories.