DIY Wordpress For Your Business
WordPress is open source software (that means it’s free!) that runs over a third of the websites on the internet. From blogs to complex eCommerce sites, one of the benefits of WordPress is that it is super flexible and can be customised to suit almost any purpose.
Unfortunately, as an end user, that also means it can be a bit overwhelming for someone without much experience or knowledge – until now! Jo Minney from House Digital is here to uncomplicate it for you and show you how you can set up your own website (or make the most of an existing one) in a relaxed and fun environment.
In this workshop we will cover:
- How to choose a hosting provider
- The difference between hosting, domain names & DNS (and who does what)
- How to choose and install a theme that won’t bite you later
- What is a plugin and should I use it?
- The tools you need to get started
- Posts, Pages & Custom Post Types (e.g. Products) and when to use what
- Metadata, basic SEO and how to get found
- The importance of updates, and how to keep your site safe and secure
- Next steps, training resources, and where to go from here
If you would like to follow along with some of the exercises, you are welcome to bring a laptop with you so you can learn as you go. Due to time constraints, we will not have time to set up a site/installation during the workshop, but if you would like help with this beforehand you are welcome to book a one-on-one session with Jo Minney via the Business Station before the workshop.
Thursday, 13 June 2019 | 10:30 AM
- 12:30 PM
Leisurelife Centre, 34 Kent St, East Victoria Park 6101 View Map