Earth Carers Course
Earth Carers are volunteers from the community who learn ways to protect the environment through reducing, reusing and recycling waste. They then help to spread the message to others.
How do I become an Earth Carer?
The first step to becoming an Earth Carer is to attend one of the free training programs, held twice a year. Earth Carers is all about practical ways to reduce waste.
The program comprises five sessions over three weeks at different venues around Perth and includes demonstrations, tours, information, guest speakers and lots of creative learning.
Come and learn and exchange ideas on waste issues.
What we cover in the training programs:
- Definition and history of waste.
- How we reduce and deal with waste in Perth - your neighbourhood.
- Reducing, reusing and recycling options.
- Tour of Tamala Park landfill and recycling centre and the new Resource Recovery Facility at Neerabup.
- Demonstrations of reusing organics including worm farms, composting and small space composting.
- How to communicate the responsible waste message to others.
Thursday, 01 March 2018 | 12:00 AM
To be announced, Victoria Park 6100 View Map