The Town of Victoria Park is inviting not-for-profit community and sporting groups to apply for disused equipment. This includes schools, churches and groups providing welfare services, recreation, sporting, arts and cultural opportunities.
The equipment available is 25 round cushions, various colours.
First priority for allocating the donation of any of the items will be given to groups located within the Town.
The donation guidelines below have been developed to provide information on the Town of Victoria Park’s donation scheme. This package focuses on donations of disused equipment.
Subject to the provisions within the Local Government Act and the Town of Victoria Park FIN6 policy, the Town may donate to non-profit organisations any goods which are now no longer of use to the Town, and of minimal resale value.
General donation guidelines
Community group categories:
Donations of equipment will be given in order of priority for the following three groups:
- Group A - Located within or outside the Town and providing a service primarily dedicated to assisting residents of the Town.
- Group B - Located within the Town and providing a service dedicated to servicing the wider community, including residents of the Town. The service provides a benefit to the general community or to a specific sector of the community.
- Group C - Located outside the Town and providing a service dedicated to servicing the wider community, including residents of the Town. The service provides a benefit to the general community or to a specific sector of the community.
Purpose for donation of disused equipment:
The donation of disused equipment and other materials is designed to enable community organisations and sporting groups to apply for surplus, unused, disused or superseded items of office equipment, furniture or construction materials that are of no further use to the Town. These items are usually of little or nominal residual value, and cannot be readily sold or which cannot be traded in.
Donations of this nature are offered to any not-for-profit group, agency or service whose primary aims is to improve the quality of life to sections of the community, provide targeted welfare support or develop recreation and sporting opportunities.
- Be a legally constituted incorporated body and not for profit community organisation or group.
- Residents of the Town of Victoria Park are the primary recipients of the service or are identified as a specific target group of the organisation.
- The organisation can demonstrate the need for the applied items in relation to the direct provision of services to the residents of the Town or identified target population.
- There are clear objectives and direction for the organisation (specified in the application).
- There is adequate access to the service by the target group(s). The organisation presents innovative plans and ideas to develop a healthy and prosperous community with equality of opportunity in a safe environment.
- Applicants complete the application form providing all requested and relevant information.
To apply, fill out the application form below.
For further information call 9311 8111 or email email@example.com
Applications must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 26 March 2019.