Your new employer
The Town has a dynamic future and we are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Maintenance Operator Parks to join our skilled team in a full time capacity.
Your new role
Join our Parks team to support the Town in our mission to become Perth’s most empowered, engaged, inclusive and connected community.
Reporting to a team leader, the position is responsible for assisting to maintain the 100+ hectares of public open space including active reserve mowing, street gardens, facility surrounds and the Town’s bush reserves.
Our ideal candidate has
- tertiary qualification required in turf management, amenity horticulture, environmental works or any other related field, or appropriate trade certificate with relevant experience is desirable
- Medium Rigid (MR class) truck license is a requirement
- demonstrated knowledge and ability in using horticultural tools and equipment
- experience with tractor driving and mowing preferred
- good knowledge of general parks maintenance.
The benefits of working for us
- salary range of $58,608 - $60,762 per annum
- five weeks annual leave
- nine day fortnight
- up to 15.5% Council superannuation contribution
- work-life balance including flexible working arrangements, easy access to public transport and our famous Albany Hwy café strip
- job share opportunities may be considered
- free use of gym and aquatic facilities (conditions apply)
- ongoing training and development
- exciting change-creating projects!
Sound like you?
All applications must address the bolded selection criteria in the position description. This should be included in your cover letter and accompanied by your CV.
The Town of Victoria Park is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal, live with a disability, CaLD or LGBTQI+ are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 4 pm Monday 8 March 2021