Your new employer
The Town has a dynamic future and we are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced manager to join our skilled team in a full time capacity.
Your new role
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to help create the right environment to allow Victoria Park to become Perth’s most empowered, engaged, inclusive and connected community.
In the role of Manager Governance and Strategy you will be responsible for the provision of strategic leadership and specialist governance advice. With four direct reports, you will lead the team in supporting the transformation of the Town into a customer-focused, culturally constructive, legislatively compliant, sector-leading organisation.
What you’ll need to succeed
Skills and knowledge in:
- demonstrated experience, at a senior level, in managing a multi-disciplinary operation.
- demonstrated experience in cross team collaboration to contribute to organisational effectiveness.
- highly knowledgeable in governance, local government compliance legislation, council procedures, corporate planning, strategy development, and is acknowledged by peers.
- ability to build constructive working relationships characterised by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect.
Formal management, business, economics or legal qualifications; or post graduate studies in Business Management
The benefits of working for us
This position is offered on a performance based contract of five years with a salary range of $127,284 - $140,551 per annum, plus a vehicle allowance, potential performance bonus and superannuation.
- vehicle allowance
- access to novated lease scheme
- five weeks annual leave
- superannuation of 13.5%, or up to 15.5% with co-contribution
- work life balance including flexible working arrangements, easy access to public transport and our famous Albany Highway café strip
- free use of gym and aquatic facilities (conditions apply)
- ongoing training and development
- exciting change-creating projects!
- awesome team environment and culture
Sound like you?
All applications must address the bolded selection criteria in no more than two pages in the Position Description and include in your cover letter along with your CV.
Closing date: 4pm Monday 13 July 2020