Your new employer
The Town has a dynamic future and we are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Team Leader Horticulture to join the team in a full-time capacity.
Your new role
Reporting to the Reserves and Capital Works Supervisor, the position is responsible for leading one of our Parks Operations teams in horticultural maintenance to parks and streetscapes.
Our ideal candidate has
- formal tertiary qualification in horticulture/ other related field or appropriate trade certificate with relevant experience
- experience in supervision of staff
- a passion for horticulture and the ability to work and lead our horticultural team
- enthusiastic and proactive approach towards your work
- possession of a “C” and “MR” truck license
- experience in the use of horticultural equipment (mowers, blowers, whipper snippers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, etc.)
The benefits of working for us
- salary range of $64,911 - $67,440 per annum
- five weeks annual leave
- nine day fortnight
- up to 15.5% Council superannuation contribution
- work-life balance including flexible working arrangements, easy access to public transport and our famous Albany Hwy café strip
- job share opportunities may be considered
- free use of gym and aquatic facilities (conditions apply)
- ongoing training and development
- exciting change-creating projects!
Sound like you?
All applications must address the bolded selection criteria in the position description. This should be included in your cover letter and accompanied by your CV.
The Town of Victoria Park is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal, live with a disability, CaLD or LGBTQI+ are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 4 pm Monday 8 March 2021