The Vic Park Summer Street Party returns to Albany Highway
Published on 10 November 2022
After three years, the Vic Park Summer Street Party is back on Saturday, 19 November and everyone is invited!
The free community event will stretch along the Albany Highway café strip between Duncan Street and Cargill Street, Victoria Park and will be jam-packed with four live entertainment stages, a huge range of market stalls, carnival rides, and plenty of activities for big and little kids, alongside some of the best alfresco dining in WA.
Mayor Karen Vernon said the much-loved event was just what everyone needed after the challenges of the last few years.
“In true Vic Park style we are partnering with local businesses, schools, community groups, and homegrown WA artists to bring you the perfect welcome to summer.
“Over the years, our Summer Street Party has drawn huge crowds from near and far, with our last event seeing thousands of people flock to the Town. We’re so excited to welcome locals and visitors alike.
“I’m looking forward to the soul sounds of Odette Mercy and Her Soul Atomics headlining the Rhubarb Records Main Stage, as well as watching our local talent on the Community Stage. Then you’ll find me enjoying the hospitality of some of our cafes and restaurants,” said Mayor Vernon.
The event will showcase an eclectic mix of family-friendly entertainment. Some highlights include:
- A Main Stage packed with live music from the Rinehearts, Ghoulies, Yomi Ship, and the Washing Line Economy.
- A Community Stage featuring local and WA talent, such as Mackie Street Singers, Della Mob and Dangerous Delights.
- DJ sets, street performers, and roving artists, including Junkadelic and the Freedom Fairies.
- Activities for all ages, from the John Hughes ‘Car-nivale’ rides to a foam party, silent disco, obstacle course, and kids play zone.
- Visitors will also be able enjoy a bite at Food Truck Square or a sundowner in the alfresco space outside the Broken Hill Hotel.
“The Summer Street Party is one of the last remaining big street parties around Perth and the Town is so proud to provide an inclusive and entertaining event that brings the community together,” said Mayor Vernon.
“So come along with your family, friends and neighbours, soak up the party atmosphere, and experience our vibrant Vic Park!”
The Vic Park Summer Street Party returns to Albany Highway from 4pm on Saturday, 19 November 2022 thanks to the support of Lotterywest and the John Hughes Group. Head to our Summer Street Party hub here on the website for more information.