Town accepts Main Roads WA grant funding
Published on 20 September 2019
The Town of Victoria Park has accepted $936,422 in grant funding from Main Roads WA for a range of projects to take place in the 2019/20 financial year.
The grants include $617,532 under the Black Spot Road Safety program, $228,467 under the Metropolitan Regional Road Group Rehabilitation Program (MRRG) and a direct grant totalling $90,423.
The approved projects under the Black Spot program are:
- Hayman Road and Kent Street roundabout, Bentley
- intersection of Shepperton Road and Miller Street, Victoria Park
- intersection of Hordern Street and Geddes Street, Victoria Park
- intersection of Hordern Street and McMillan Street, Victoria Park
- intersection of Archer Street and Orrong Road, Carlisle.
The approved projects under the MRRG are:
- Briggs Street (Downing Street to Raleigh Street)
- Planet Street (Briggs Street to President Street)
- Planet Street (President Street to Kew Street).
“I’d like to thank Main Roads WA for each and every year allocating funds to local governments for road improvement projects,” said Mayor Trevor Vaughan.
“The grant funding allocated for next financial year will allow us to plan and implement each project, which ultimately improves the safety of our area for residents and those passing through.”
Main Roads WA grant funding will cover two-thirds of each project’s cost. Direct grants are allocated for routine maintenance on local government roads.