Vinnie's Christmas Appeal
Published on 02 November 2017
For many people, Christmas is a joyful time of year however, the sad reality is that 13.3% of Australians are living in poverty. Of these, 731,300 are children who may not get their Christmas wish. Your support can make a difference.
The Town is participating in the Vinnie’s Christmas Appeal. We are looking for people to donate non-perishable food items to the bins which will be used to make up Christmas hampers for those in need. Donation boxes are in the foyer at the Town's Administration Centre, the Victoria Park Library, Leisurelife and Aqualife.
Hamper must haves
- Supermarket gift card (to purchase perishable items)
- Breakfast condiments like jam and Vegemite
- Candy canes
- Christmas cake, fruit mince pies
- Christmas pudding
- Long life juice/cordial
- Long life custard/milk
- Pancake mix
- Ring pull tinned fruit and vegetables, canned meals, soup
- Sweet and savoury biscuits / crackers
- Tea, coffee, sugar, milo
- Breakfast cereals
- Muesli bars
- Pasta / rice / couscous
- Popcorn (pre-popped or microwavable)
- Potato chips
- Sauces for pastas and curries
- Two-minute noodles or other instant pasta packs
- Toy gift cards
Please no opened or second hand items and make sure the items have a long expiry date.
The bins will be collected on 8 December and made into hampers for people in need over the festive season.