Local Planning Policy 32 'Minor Residential Development' to become Local Planning Policy 32 'Exemptions from Development Approval'
The Local Planning Policy 32 'Minor Residential Development' outlines various forms of minor residential development within the Town that are exempt from the need to obtain development approval.
In an effort to improve efficiency and reduce regulation, the policy has been reviewed to include a number of additional development types that are exempt from the need to obtain development approval.
Key features of the draft revised policy include:
- Outlining the relationship between the policy and the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015.Extending the scope of the policy to deal with exemptions from development approval generally instead of focusing upon minor residential developments only. This change is reflected in the renaming of the policy.
- An increase in the number of development types that are exempt from development approval either generally or where they meet the specified conditions.
- The inclusion of notes to provide guidance on certain matters, however recognising that non-compliance with the notes does not necessitate development approval.
- The ability for Council officers, on a case-by-case basis, to determine that in a particular case the proposed works or land uses are of a minor nature and does not require development approval.
- Introducing provisions which provide clarity on when changes to an approved development are acceptable, without requiring the need for an amended development approval.
The revised draft policy is available for inspection at the Town of Victoria Park administration centre, 99 Shepperton Road, Victoria Park, and the Victoria Park Library, 27 Sussex Street, East Victoria Park, during business hours. The documents are also available for viewing online(PDF, 480KB).
Submissions on the revised draft policy must be made in writing and lodged with the undersigned at the Town of Victoria Park administration centre, 99 Shepperton Road, Victoria Park, by mail to Locked Bag 437, Victoria Park 6979, by facsimile on 93118181, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at Your Thoughts in order that they are received on or before 5pm, Tuesday 14 November 2017