Insects and pests

The Town can be contacted for advice on pest control pertaining to rats and mice, mosquitoes, bees and wasps, white cedar moth caterpillars, bed bugs and cockroaches.

  • Your propertyThe Town’s role is limited to the provision of information as pest control the property owner or occupiers responsibility. Baits and traps can be purchased from most supermarkets or hardware stores. Please ensure that you follow the directions carefully so that pests are targeted efficiently and non-pests such as children, dogs and native fauna are protected.
  • Neighbouring propertyIf you are experiencing issues with pests and believe the source may be from a neighbouring property it is a good idea to discuss the matter with your neighbour directly. If you are unable to find a solution that is mutually agreeable then the Town may be able to assist. Please contact the the Town's Environmental Health Officer who can liaise with the other owner or tenant on your behalf. 
  • Restaurants or other public placesPlease contact the Town’s Environmental Health Services. 

To report a problem

To report a pest issue, please call Customer Service on 9311 8111 or email with your contact details and address of the property of concern. Your request will be allocated to an Environmental Health Officer for follow-up.