Alternative drop-off locations for residents
The following waste drop-off locations are available for residents to dispose of larger items of waste.
City of South Perth Recycling Centre
The Town is pleased to inform all residents that under a partnership arrangement with the City of South Perth you are able to utilise some of the services provided at the City of South Perth's Recycling Centre located at the corner Hayman Road and Thelma Street, Como.
Phone: (08) 9367 2492
Hours of operation:
Wednesday to Sunday 8am to 2pm
Closed: All Public Holidays, Mondays and Tuesdays.
The following items will be accepted at no charge at the Recycling Centre.
- Televisions – Plasma, CRT, LCD, LED, Rear Projection
- Computer Equipment
- Laptops, notebooks, palm tops
- Desktop /Central Processing Units, cards and motherboards
- Monitors, printers, faxes, scanners, multi-function units that scan/fax/print, and web cameras
- Compact disc drives, digital video disk drives, hard drives and floppy drives
- Mouse and trackball, keyboards, joysticks and game pads
(These items must be intact as well as obsolete or unused. Maximum of 15 items per visit).
- Clean and uncontaminated cardboard, packing boxes, magazines, newspapers – no wrapping, polystyrene foam or similar.
- Uncontaminated used motor oil (not contaminated with other petroleum products, coolants or similar) to a maximum of 20 litres per visit
Please contact the City of South Perth Recycling Centre on (08) 9367 2492 for further information.
Full details on the South Perth Recycling Centre can be found on their website and fees and charges may be imposed at the discretion of the City of South Perth.
Tamala Park - Mindarie Regional Council
The Tamala Park waste facility will be closed to the public Thursday 24 December 2020 from 12noon, Friday 25 December 2020 and Friday 1 January 2021.
The Tamala Park waste disposal facility provides the general public with a comprehensive refuse disposal service, a recycling centre with a reuse shop and a receival area for recyclables along with household hazardous wastes and unwanted electrical items such as computers, keyboards and mobile phones; a transfer station to drop off general wastes; it also provides an education centre.
Residents are able to dispose of bulk and green waste and household hazardous waste at this facility. Please note that fees will apply.
Phone: (08) 9306 6303
Address: 1700 Marmion Avenue, Tamala Park