To find out your next bulk waste collection, use the Your neighbourhood tool.
Bulk waste collections take place in March and September each year. The collections commence at 7am on the Monday following your scheduled weekend set-out dates.
Please note that it may take up to seven working days for your area to be collected. For those residents without a verge or with a very small verge please contact our Waste Management Services on 9311 8111 to make arrangements for collection.
Bulk waste deposited on the verge area prior to or after the collection dates indicated is considered a littering offence. Inspections will be carried out and fines issued.
2018 bulk waste collections
Bulk waste can be placed on your verge on the weekend which is prior the collection week shown below.
| 26 February-4 March
|27 August-2 September
What can I put in my bulk waste?
- Household furniture - lounges, mattresses, office desks.
- White goods - refrigerators, freezers, doors removed and degassed.
- Electronic waste - computers, televisions (remove all power cords)
- Home appliances - toasters, irons, blenders, tools.
- Timber products - beds, cupboards, doors.
- Other household items - toys, pots/pans.
What can't I put in my bulk waste?
- Garden waste
- Hazardous waste - batteries. asbestos, globes/tubes, machine parts, motor oil, paints/solvents, tyres
- All building materials - bricks, concrete, sand or soil, tiles
- Medical waste
- Sanitary products
- Child car seats
- Garage doors
To find out your next green waste collection, use the Your neighbourhood tool.
The Town provides a green waste collection each year in February, May, August and November. The collections commence at 7am on the Monday following your scheduled weekend set-out dates. The waste is taken to a green waste processing facility where it is shredded and turned into horticultural products for use in landscaping. Any contaminants in your waste (chicken wire, metal, building rubble, junk, household waste) results in waste being rejected by the processing facility.
Green waste contaminated with rubbish will not be collected.
For those residents without a verge or with a very small verge please contact our Waste Team on 9311 8111 to make alternative arrangements for collection.
Bulk waste can be placed on your verge on the allocated weekend which is prior the collection week as shown below:
2018 green waste collections
|29 Jan-4 February
|30 April-6 May
||30 July-5 August
|| 26 November-2 December
What can I put in my green waste?
- Grass clippings
- Leaves/weeds - in a bag or box
- Tree/plant pruning
- Tree trunks or stumps - no larger than 1.5m in length and 30cm in diameter
What can't I put in my green waste?
- Wire mesh
- All building materials - bricks, concrete, sand, tiles
- Food waste
- Household furniture
- Other household items
Tree lopper services
The Town is aware that some tree loppers advertise directly to residents that green waste collections are commencing in their suburb soon. Please be aware that the Town does not have commercial agreements or relationships with tree loppers or any other contractor in relation to green waste collections. Residents should check with the Town for accurate collection dates before placing material on their verge for collection.