Infringement Appeals (Animals, Bushfire, and Other)

To have an infringement reviewed, you will need to provide the following information:

  • Infringement number
  • Full name, postal address, email address & contact number
  • Copies of all relevant supporting documentation
  • Detailed reasons why you believe the infringement is to be reviewed

You can request an infringement review via the relevant online form below or by post (infringement reviews cannot be accepted by telephone). A PDF version of the infringement appeal form is available below.

Pay your Infringement

General Information

If you have received an infringement, the Town can review the details of the alleged offence and it may be withdrawn under certain circumstances. The following information provides further details on what may or may not be withdrawn.

As infringement notices are issued by legislation, verbal requests to have a matter considered for withdrawal in person or by telephone cannot be accepted.

Before you decide to lodge an appeal, please read some of the below examples of where an appeal will not be withdrawn.

Animal infringements

  • Failure to hold or tether animals in unauthorised public places
  • Failure to register a cat or dog
  • Failure to microchip a dog older than 3 months or a cat older than 6 months
  • Failure to notify of information changes relating to registered animal
  • Dog not wearing a collar and or collar with registration tag

Bushfire infringements

  • The owner/occupier was not aware of the regulations
  • Your contractor was delayed in completing the required firebreaks/clearing property
  • You were delayed in undertaking the required work/actions
  • You are living interstate or overseas
  • The owner/occupier was not receiving notifications

Situations, where an appeal may be accepted, include: (The Town will need you to supply supporting documentation)

  • You did not reside within the Town of Victoria Park at the time of the infringement
  • Your animal is deceased


Navigate through the different form sections using the navigation on the left, or use the next/previous buttons located at the bottom of each step.

Infringement details

Applicant details

Is your postal address the same as above?

Appeal information

Maximum total combined file size is 10MB.

Max File Size: 10.00 MB
Allowed File Types: .avi, .doc, .docx, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .mov, .mp3, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx



Additional information

You can also lodge your appeal by using a Statutory Declaration using the form below. If you have been requested to supply further information, then you can also use the form below.

Note - the below form must be signed by an authorised person before the Town will accept it.

Oaths, Affidavits and Statutory Declarations Act 2005 form

A statutory declaration is a written statement that allows a person to declare something to be true and accurate. When making a statutory declaration, you are declaring that your statement is in fact true and accurate. Should you intentionally make a false statement in a declaration, you can be charged with an offense. The penalty for making a false statement may result in a fine and or imprisonment.

Validate and Submit Form

Get Audio Code


How to pay for an infringement notice?

The Town of Victoria Park provides 28 days from the date of issuing an infringement for payment of the penalty.  

Payment may be made in the following manner;

  • Pay online – with your credit card.
  • In-person – to the cashier at the administration building, 99 Shepperton Road, Victoria Park.
  • Mail – (cheque or money order) made payable to the 'Town of Victoria Park' and mailed to the Chief Executive Officer, Locked Bag 437, Victoria Park WA 6979.

What do I do after I receive an infringement notice?

You are provided with 28 days to pay the initial notice, appeal the infringement or advise the Town that you were not the driver of the vehicle.

If you do not pay by the due date the Town will send a reminder providing another 28 days.

If the notice is still not paid you will be sent a final demand and an additional fee will be applied to the infringement. You will have 28 days to pay the final demand.

Non-payment of the final demand will result in the infringement notice being referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry.

You can find out about what happens once a matter is registered with the Fines Enforcement Registry on the Fines and Infringements page of the Department of Justice website.

To avoid any of the above situations, we encourage you to pay your infringement on time or if you require assistance, please call 9311 8111 to talk to one of us Customer Service Representatives or Parking and Rangers team members who would be happy to assist.

Pay your infringement 

What if I don't pay the infringement?

Infringement notices are issued by the police, local government authorities and various other prosecuting agencies, either in person or through the post. You can get infringement tickets for such things as illegal parking, abandoned vehicles, littering or for issues relating to animals.  

Once an infringement is issued and payment is not received within 28 days, a reminder notice is posted. If the infringement is not paid after the reminder notice has been sent out, a final notice is issued.  

When a final demand notice is issued, additional costs are added to the infringement and another 28 days is given for payment of the infringement. If after this time (approximately three months), the infringement has not been paid, it is then referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry (FER). At this stage, Local Government would not be able to receive any payment.

If you do not pay the modified penalty within 28 days after the date of this notice, you may be prosecuted or enforcement action may be taken under the Fines, Penalties and Infringement Notices Enforcement Act 1994. Under that Act, some or all of the following actions may be taken — your driver’s licence may be suspended, your vehicle licence may be suspended or cancelled, you may be disqualified from holding or obtaining a driver’s licence or vehicle licence, your vehicle may be immobilised or have its number plates removed, your details may be published on a website, your earnings or bank accounts may be garnished, and your property may be seized and sold. 

What happens if my appeal is unsuccessful?

The Town will advise you in writing, of the outcome of your appeal. If you are not satisfied with the outcome and are able to provide additional supporting evidence for a further review, you may submit a second appeal. If your second appeal is unsuccessful the only option will be to elect to have the matter heard in court. 

Can I set up a payment plan to pay my infringement?

 We do not offer payment plans for infringements.

I’m not satisfied with the outcome of my appeal, can I take the matter to court?

Yes. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of your appeal and wish to take the matter to court please advise us in writing by email or post Locked Bag 437 Victoria Park Western Australia 6979 of your decision.



Infringement Appeals Form (Animals, Bushfire, and Other)

If you've encountered a problem with the website or have any general feedback, please provide comment via this form.

Was this page helpful?