Weed Control

The Town conducts weed spraying on footpaths, kerbs, traffic islands and certain parks and reserves at least twice a year.  Most work is provided by a Town approved contractor, although smaller tasks are provided by Parks staff.  


The Town sprays footpaths, kerbs, traffic islands, medians and other streetscape devices.

  • Spraying is conducted twice a year.
  • Residents are advised by public notice, published in local newspaper The Southern Gazette two weeks prior to works as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages.
  • Contractors use a herbicide approved for use.

Parks and reserves

  • The Town sprays within parks and reserves once a year, for effective weed control purposes.
  • Contractors use an industry approved product suitable for broad acre spraying and for the control of bindii.

This chemical is on the Town’s approved chemical register and is the common selective herbicide used in local government.

A mix of chemical (Glyphosate) and non-chemical control (steam) is used to control weeds in the Town.

Do Not Spray Register

Residents may not wish for spraying to be conducted adjacent to their property for a number of reasons. The Town can add properties to an exclusion list to prevent spraying.

Residents may request for their property to be placed on the Do Not Spray Register, providing a credible reason for objection. It should be noted that those residents who opt out of the spraying program are required to ensure they maintain their verge in a clean and tidy condition. 

You can request to join the register and opt out from kerbline herbicide spraying by filling out the form below.

Have you previously registered?*

In making this application I hereby acknowledge that I have chosen to decline this service and that I advise that I will undertake to control weeds in the above areas to at least the same standard that can be achieved by the herbicide control method. I acknowledge that if the Town's standards for weed control are not being met, the Town may conduct spraying operations. I also acknowledge that my application will only be valid for the calendar year and that I will be required to reapply should I wish to remain on the spraying exemption list.*

Get Audio Code



If you've encountered a problem with the website or have any general feedback, please provide comment via this form.

Was this page helpful?