Public and private event noise management

Noise from events must comply with the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997. Public event organisers can apply for an exemption to exceed the noise levels however under a 'Regulation 18 approval'. The Town can only issue two approvals at a venue in any consecutive 12 month period. 

For large events that have a Regulation 18 noise approval, you can contact the events noise complaint line (this is a requirement as part of their approval). The noise officer on duty or acoustic consultant can attend your complaint.

For other minor events, you can report this to the Town on (08) 9311 8111 or email if it is after hours you will be transferred to the out-of-hours service where you can leave a message. Your complaint will be received by an Environmental Health Officer the next working day.

After hours venue noise 

If this is not occurring now you can report this to the Town on (08) 9311 8111 or email If an incident is occurring now phone the Police Assistance Centre on 131 444.

Related information

Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997

Environmental Protection Act 1986

If you've encountered a problem with the website or have any general feedback, please provide comment via this form.

Was this page helpful?