Emergency relief support

Please note the below providers may changes to their services. Where changes are known these have been listed.

Please contact individual providers directly for more information. 

There are a number of emergency relief providers located in or close by to the Town of Victoria Park. Emergency relief providers can assist with meals and food vouchers, provide bill assistance and/or support you to manage your finances or maintain your tenancy.

Some providers may or may not have eligibility requirements, such as a health care card and some run on an appointment only basis. 

Take away meals and food hampers

The Haven Centre

879 Albany Highway, East Victoria Park

Fresh food hampers: Monday – Saturday 8am–1pm

Take away meals: Monday – Saturday 8-9.30am and 11am-1pm 

St Mary’s Outreach Service

Victoria Park Community Centre, Cnr Kent and Gloucester Streets, East Victoria Park

Take away meals: Monday 6.30–8.30pm 

Star St Uniting Church

Cnr Star and Archer Streets, Carlisle

Food hampers: Wednesday, 9am–12noon 

Kensington PCYC  

Frozen meals available

Call 9367 1282 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. 

Or drop in at 51 Anketell Street, Kensington

Food vouchers and bill assistance


Emergency assistance including digital food vouchers

Call 6370 1000 Monday – Friday 9–11am for an appointment  

Sussex Street Community Law Services

Food vouchers and Foodbank referrals

Call 6253 9500 for an appointment 

St Vincent de Paul

Emergency relief including digital food vouchers, bill assistance and rent assistance

Call 1300 794 054 Monday – Friday 9am–1pm 

Uniting WA

Emergency relief including digital food vouchers

Call 9220 1255 on Tuesday 11am for an appointment on Wednesday or Thursday 

Riverview Community Services

Food vouchers, overdue bill assistance, rent assistance, fuel vouchers and Foodbank referrals

Call 9416 0000 Monday - Thursday 8.30am-5pm for an appointment  

Tenancy support 

Sussex Street Community Law Services 

Tenancy advocate

Call 6253 9500 for an appointment 

Ruah Community Services 

Tenancy support service

Call 13 78 24 for an appointment 

First Nations Homelessness Project

Support with public housing tenancy 

Call 0449 655 282 

Financial counselling

National Debt Helpline  

Phone counselling

Call 1800 007 007 Monday – Friday 9.30am–4.30pm 

Sussex Street Community Law Services, East Vic Park

Phone counselling incl. assistance with Centrelink matters

Call 6253 9500 for an appointment 

Communicare, Cannington  

Phone counselling

Call 9251 5777 for an appointment 

Uniting WA, Perth  

Phone counselling

Call 9220 1255 on Monday at 8.30am for an appointment the following week 

Jacaranda Community Centre, Belmont

Call 9477 4346 for an appointment 

Riverview Community Services

Financial counselling, information, support and referrals

Call 9416 0000 Monday - Thursday 9am-4pm for an appointment 

Furniture support

St Vincent de Paul

Furniture vouchers

Call 1300 794 054 Monday – Friday 9am–1pm

The Haven Centre

Furniture assistance by agency referral

879 Albany Highway, East Victoria Park 

Emergency accommodation


Homelessness assessment and referral service – 6469 0001 

Crisis Care 

Homelessness support, including women’s refuges and children in crisis – 9223 1111 

Support for temporary visa holders

Riverview Community Services

1 Thorogood Street, Burswood

Closed 29 June to 2 July, please call if urgent assistance required.

Asylum Seeker Hub: Tuesday 2-5pm

9416 0000 

Australian Red Cross

110 Goderich Street, East Perth

9225 8830 

If you've encountered a problem with the website or have any general feedback, please provide comment via this form.

Was this page helpful?