Shopping trolleys

Shopping trolleys taken outside of shopping areas can be hazardous and unsightly. Abandoned trolleys often:

  • Obstruct the road or footpath
  • End up in waterways, causing a build up of debris and restricting water flow.

Trolleys are the property of the store they are from and need to be reported to the correct company for collection; please take note of the company name on the trolley you wish to report.

How to report abandoned shopping trolleys

The Town encourages community members to report all trolley sightings direct to their respective collection services.

These services are solely dedicated to collecting abandoned trolleys and provide rapid deployment of collectors to remove trolleys shortly after they are reported. 

Company How to report
Coles, 1st choice Liquors and Kmart

Coles online form

Call 1800 876 553


ALDI online form


Call 1800 163 900

Big W, Dan Murphys and Woolworths

Trolleytracker online form

Spudshed Spudshed online form

Unbranded trolleys or those for stores not specified above can be reported to the Town of Victoria Park by submitting service request here.

Councils Role

The Town of Victoria Park Officers regularly locate, report, and impound abandoned shopping trolleys in line with the Town's Local Laws and will investigate any reports received.

Community Responsibilities

If you use a shopping trolley, it is your responsibility to ensure the trolley remains in the shopping centre precinct and return it to the designated trolley collection point. Leaving a shopping trolley in a public place or on the verge causing an obstruction is considered an offence under the Activities on Thoroughfares and Trading in Thoroughfares and Public Places Local Law 2000.

Retailer Responsibilities

The Activities on Thoroughfares and Trading in Thoroughfares and Public Places Local Law 2000 stipulates retailers must collect abandoned shopping trolleys within 3 hours of notification from the local authority. If the shopping trolley is not collected, the trolley may be impounded, and an infringement issued to the responsible retailer.

If you've encountered a problem with the website or have any general feedback, please provide comment via this form.

Was this page helpful?